The other night my friends and I decided to have dinner and to open a number of 2008 Cabernet Sauvignons from various wineries in Napa Valley. It was decision made at the spur of the moment, so off to the store we went. The hard question was what to make? Steak? No. Chicken? No. Burgers? Hmm… What about lamb burgers? Now were talking! This is a quick, easy and delicious recipe that goes great with Cabernet, Zin, or really any red wine.
|Prep Time: 10 Minutes
|Ready In: 25 Minutes
|Cook Time: 15 Minutes
|1 pound ground lamb
||1 teaspoon Basil
|Salt (To taste)
||Red Pepper Flakes (Whole bunch)
|Black Pepper (To taste)
||2 teaspoon Curry powder
|1 teaspoon Oregano
||Olive oil (enough to coat a skillet)
|½ Stick Butter
||3 Cloves of chopped garlic
||Crumbled Goat Cheese
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground lamb, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and curry powder.
2. Coat a cast-iron skillet with olive oil and pre-heat at medium-high.
3. Pre-heat and oven or toaster to 4000f.
4. Form the meat in patties, to know when the skillet is ready, dip the edge of one patties in the oil. If it sizzles then it is ready.
5. Place the patties in the skillet, cooking for about 7 minutes on each side
6. While the meat cooks, meat the better and baste on to the burger buns. Place in oven or toaster
7. When the meat is cooked, pull and place on a plate
8. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top and let the meat set for a minute.
9. Pull the burger buns from the oven
10. Add the meat to the buns and you are set.