The Grüner is one of my most favorite wines that Rudy makes. While it is a great sipping wine it is also pairs great with a number of dishes. One of my favorite spring/summer dishes is this Thai Noodle salad. It is light, refreshing and quick to make. Enjoy!
|Prep Time: 15 Minutes
|Ready In: 25 Minutes
|Cook Time: 10 Minutes
|8oz Udon Noodles
||1/8 teaspoon crush red pepper flakes
|1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter
||1 cucumber, julienned
|1/2 cup Milk
||2 cups fresh bean sprouts
|1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
||2 carrots, grated
|1 clove of minced garlic
||6 green onions, thinly sliced
|3 tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar
||1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
|3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
||1 head romaine lettuce
|1 tablespoons Dark Seasame Oil
||2 cup chopped peanuts
1.In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the udon oodles for about five minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and rince the noodles under cold running water and let cool.
3. Whisk peanut butter, milk, ginger, garlic, vineyard, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until well blended.
4. In a large salad bowl, combine the noodles, cucumber ,sprouts, carrots, green onions, and mint.
5. Wisk the peanut sauce on more time and pour it over the salad.
6. Stir until well coated and serve.